Sunday, August 31, 2014

Favorites & Hate-its: August 2014



Jessup Brush

Left to Right: Vaseline Rosy Lips, Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss "Orange Glow", MAC blush "Fleur Power", Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana"

Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer: As you can see from the scratched-off writing on the packaging, this eyeshadow primer has been much-loved and much-used by me. This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow primer for my greasy-greasy eyelids. My eyelids are so oily that they shine even without any product on them, but this eyeshadow primer keeps my eyeshadows on all day and prevents creasing. It is slightly tacky and has a cream color to it that helps lighten my discolored eyelids and intensify my shadows. I much more prefer this $5 primer over the Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is too liquidy for me. 

Jessup Brush: I ordered a 10-piece set of Jessup brushes from eBay for about $16 awhile ago and I am so in love with them. The quality is amazing for the price, they are incredibly soft (much softer than the Real Techniques brushes imo) and they hold up well through washes. The brush pictured is the one that I've been using everyday to buff in my base makeup this month. I can't say whether or not these Jessup brushes are dupes for the Sigma brushes because I don't own any Sigma brushes, but I definitely think the Jessup brushes are worth a try if you are looking for some budget friendly brushes. The only negatives of these are that their handles are quite fat so storage is difficult and you can only get them from eBay. 

Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips: I have never been a fan of lip balms that come in jars but I caved and bought this purely because of the rosy pink color and the adorable miniature vaseline tub that it comes in. I didn't like this at first because the lip balm doesn't completely sink into my lips overnight so I have to wash it off in the morning and I am not a fan of the sticky petroleum jelly residue. However, the fresh rosy scent of the balm just helps me relax before bed and it gives me plump and juicy lips in the morning. 

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Orange Glow: I am a huge fan of layering lip products and mixing colors so I had to have this when I saw it on eBay. This yellow-orange lipgloss has been my go-to lipgloss this month to warm up my cool-toned pink lippies. The formula of Revlon's Colorburst Lipglosses is non-sticky, pigmented, and gives you a nice watery-shine. This yellow-orange color kind of reminds me of a mango and when applied on top of pinks and reds it turns the color into gorgeous corals and red-oranges. Lip swatches of these will be coming soon!  

MAC Powder Blush in Fleur Power: My one and only MAC blush. I purchased this three years ago and have recently rediscovered it this month. Fleur Power is such a lovely warm peachy-pink color that blends really well into my bronzer to give me healthy summer glow. The blush itself has a very smooth texture and is nicely pigmented and long lasting. This is a blush that I can go back to time and time again. 

Wet n Wild Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana: Wet n Wild labels this as a bronzer, but Reserve Your Cabana is definitely a highlighter. It is a beautiful beige champagne highlight that comes in a ginormous compact and costs only $4. This highlighter is incredibly pigmented but there is no detectable shimmer or glitter particles in it all so it's hard to overdo it. It just gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin that makes you look like you are naturally glowing. Besides highlighting my cheekbones and nose bridge, I also like to use this as eyeshadow, especially as an inner corner and brow bone highlight. The sheen that this gives off is brightening but not overly shimmery. It also has SPF 15 which makes it perfect for summer!

I have one hate-it this month and it is The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I really wanted to like this but it has such an overpowering baby-powder scent that actually irritated my skin and made it painful to use. I strongly dislike fragrances in skincare simply because they can be an irritant to sensitive skin which is exactly what happened in this case. Sadly, I will be tossing this or maybe dumping it out and using the jar for other things.  

P.S. What are your faves this month? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment